New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase
The New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase is a yearly juried competition is open to all New Mexico filmmakers and there is no fee to submit your film. The winners of the showcase will be announced at our Awards Ceremony on May 19th, 2018 at the National Hispanic Cultural Arts Center and the winning films will be screened at the 2018 NM Film & Media Industry Conference in the fall. This year's categories are: Comedy, Drama, Documentary, Horror, Fantasy, Music Video, Sci-fi and Student (if you have a web series you can enter an episode into the genre that best suits your project). There will also be awards for the Best in Show, Wild Card (the highest scoring film that isn't a finalist) and the Audience Award based on the public's votes in our online gallery of films.
2018 New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase Rules of Entry
1. Entrant MUST be a New Mexico resident. A copy of the entrant’s NM Driver’s license, NM ID, and/or a student ID must be uploaded with your submission.
2. Films must have been completed on or after October 25, 2016.
3. Films 60 minutes or less will be accepted.
4. Only one (1) entry per person.
5. Films must be submitted via upload to Submittable. Links to projects will not be accepted.
6. Films shown in the previous year’s showcase are not eligible. PSAs, commercials or compilation reels are not included in the showcase.
7. Submissions must have a credit sequence included in the film.
8. The New Mexico Film Office (NMFO) has the right to reject entries with excessive violence, sexual content, hard language, drug abuse, culturally sensitive material or a combination of the above. The NMFO will determine what is “excessive.”
9. Accepted films are required to provide an electronic press kit including:
- 1 Movie poster
- Credits list
-A copy of the submitters New Mexico Drivers License or Student ID.
10. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that may be used in the film. By submitting your film for consideration to the 2018 New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase, you are telling us that you have full authority to do so, that the film is cleared for potential festival exhibition, and that you accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. That, as the entrant you are the copyright holder, you have rights to all included music and have public performance permission. Submitting your film to us constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the 2018 New Mexico Film & Media Conference and the 2018 NM Filmmakers Showcase online gallery on Submittable for voting for the Audience Award.
11. The New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Showcase for promotional purposes. As well as use of photos taken at Showcase events.
14. You shall also indemnify and hold harmless the New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
NMFO does not pay screening fees or guarantee travel or distribution for filmmakers.
By submitting your film, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
IF ENTRANT FAILS TO MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES, THE ENTRY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The State of New Mexico Film Office invites entries for the 2018 New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase. The yearly juried competition is open to New Mexico residents only. There is no fee to submit. The Showcase will culminate in an Awards Ceremony on May 19th, 2018 at the National Hispanic Cultural Arts Center and the winning films will be screened at the 2018 NM Film & Media Industry Conference in the fall.
Awards & Prizes
Best in Category, Best in Show, Audience Prize and Wild Card winners will all receive trophies. They will be announced at the National Hispanic Cultural Center on May 19, 2018 at 6pm. The Best in Show winner will receive a $250 cash prize from the New Mexico Film Foundation.